Friday, March 30, 2012

MENU PLAN FOR A WEEK

  I have found it time- and money saving to make menu plans ahead. A week´s worth is a good time period, and it provides me with enough variety. That way I don´t have to ponder each day what to cook, only to take a look at my plan and get going.
  Here is my menu plan for Oestara:

Monday:
breakfast: fruit salad with greens + green tea
lunch: rice and wok + water
dinner: oatmeal with raw sugar and vegan margarine + herbal tea with soy milk

Tuesday:
breakfast:  fruit salad with greens + green tea
lunch: oven fresh scones + fresh juice
dinner: oatmeal with jam + herbal tea with soy milk

Wednesday:
breakfast: green smoothie + green tea
lunch: green salad with goat´s cheese + water
dinner: oatmeal with cacao nibs ans coconut butter +  herbal tea with soy milk

Thursday:
breakfast: raw chocolate pudding with greens + green tea
lunch: pasta + fresh juice
dinner: oatmeal with peanut butter and jelly + herbal tea with soy milk

Friday:
breakfast: green smoothie + green tea
lunch: bean salad + water
dinner: cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal +  herbal tea with soy milk

Saturday:
breakfast: berry-avocado-green smoothie + green tea
lunch: pizza (preferably home made and vegan) + fresh juice
dinner: -
dessert: chocolate + herbal tea with soy milk

Sunday:
breakfast:  berry-avocado-green smoothie + green tea
lunch: green salad with fish + water
dinner: chocolaty oatmeal +  herbal tea with soy milk

This is where I usually eat my meals, in the living room. It is said that food often tastes better outdoors. Well, this is indoors, but by the window and I have plenty of plants and garden-like decor in my living room. Maybe that makes it more appealing to eat here instead of the kitchen.


  I rely on intuitive eating to determine the amount of these foods I consume. I´ve never calculated calories, and find the mere thought of it repulsive and definitely not fun. Food should be a source of enjoyment, along with nutrition, and I want to keep it that way.
   (I hop on the scale myself regularly, and let it determine approximately whether I should reduce or increase my eating. I have managed to maintain my weight at about the same level throughout my adulthood, since I was 20 or so. Now that I have just recently given birth (last week), it is my goal to get back to my pre-baby weight by the end of this year. No stress, and slow but steady. I´ve never relied or believed in crash diets.)

  This menu plan is forever evolving, from sabbat to sabbat, and year to year, always trying to meet the current needs. Needs vary during the course of the year, and not one single plan work throughout the whole year. I use it as a guideline, not a strict rule. It makes my life more simple and easier, and it is always fun to create a new plan as the next sabbat approaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment