Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ICE SKATING

  Our neighbor´s small lake has frozen perfectly for ice skating! Not every winter is it possible to skate on natural ice, but now that it is, how could I not go there?!

It is so beautiful! Why do I always think I do not like winter?

Another neighbor of mine cleared out this track yesterday. Now it is just like a real ice rink!  And the neighbor, a retired 60 something, skated for 10 miles (16 km) on it today. Way to go! I only did four laps...
Santa brought me these skates the other X-mas. That makes last winter the first I ever skated in as an adult! Needless to say, my style is quite wobbly. Plus I had to drag this sled behind me, with a heavy toddler sittin on it. That explains the four laps. =)

In the midst of all this freezing weather it is difficult to understand that spring is just around the corner. In fact, Imbolc (Feb. 1st) marks the beginning of spring. Incidentally my grandfather, who sadly passed away three years ago =(, agreed with me on this. It was amazing to hear him say how he figured seasons to change exactly as the wheel-of-the-year states too (of course he had never heard of Wiccanism or the whee-of-the-year, but he had been watching the world turn for over eighty years, and come to the same conclusion. A wise man.).

Insanely beautiful snowflakes.




  I´m not pictured skating, because there is absolutely nothing to see there... I suck at it. But as long as I´m having fun, I don´t care about being lousy. Fun is all that matters, and if anyone else saw me, they´d be having a blast too!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment