Sunday, January 26, 2014

FREEDOM COLLECTION: HANDY HANDBAG

  Last spring I made a handbag that I loved and used a lot. But it missed one thing: the ability to close it securely. I found myself constantly checking it when in a crowd. A bit stressful.
  Now I designed a completely new handbag all by myself, according to my own needs. Here is the result:

I made it of my husband´s old jeans again. I included a zipper on top, so I don´t need to worry. This is all ragshion = from rags to fashion. I love the idea of repurposing materials.

On the other side I added a back pocket from the pants. It is handy for storing little things like the keys, lip balm, or grocery list.


 

My "signature" and a strip of black lace I had in my drawers make the bag look nicely finished.

The size is right for my usual needs, it measures approx. 10 x 6 x 4 inches (25 x 15 x 9 cm). The model is not too deep, so digging things out of it is easier.
 
  This bag holds everything I normally carry with me: cell phone, wallet, snapshot camera, three cloth shopping bags, a little makeup, a couple of diapers for my girl, and a pen & some paper. There is still room for a bottle of water or a banana, if needed. What else does a gal need?

No comments:

Post a Comment