Sunday, February 19, 2012

COOKIES AND TEA FOR SUPPER!

  After a nice brisk walk in the darkening February evening it is heavenly to light up the fireplace and curl in front of it with piles of munchies!
  A confession: my bad habit is eating desserts for supper on weekends. I try to make up for it by eating healthily through out the rest of the week. It has worked okay so far, and in my normal state-of-being ( not pregnant ) I am quite slim by figure. ( And I do hope to get back to that some day! =)
  Last night after a walk I enjoyed herbal tea with soy milk, and home-made chocolate chip cookies. I make my cookies huge, so I don´t feel as guilty eating "only" four... There are still many left, and I will pamper myself by enjoying a sweet Sunday evening accompanied by the rest of the cookies...

Frozen toes also love the fiery heat!

I often fine-tune dessert recipes one click more to the healthy side. These cookies were made of whole grain spelt flour, instead of regular white flour.

Wood burning fireplaces are our main source of heat in winter. It helps us save money on electricity bills, and because the firewood is local, also the environment.

The recipe:

5 dl wheat flour (I used whole grain spelt flour)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon seasalt
230g (vegan) margarine
1 1/2 dl sugar
1 1/2 dl muscovado/raw cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (sugar)
4 dl (vegan) dark chocolate roughly chopped
a little water if needed

+ Whip together margarine and sugars. Mix together flour, soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the margarine and sugars. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry. Spoon in chocolate chips.
  Place tablespoon-sized chunks of the mixture onto a baking sheet (leave plenty of room for it to spread in the oven) and bake at 175 Celsius for about 8-11 minutes.

  The cookies are very sweet, just the way I like my desserts to be! I´ve never understood people who say something tastes too sweet. What does that mean?!

No comments:

Post a Comment