Thursday, December 15, 2011

YUMMY YULE BREAKFAST

  The other day I woke up and whipped up this lovely version of my favorite: lingonberry yogurt (mostly raw). I enjoyed it with a huge mug of steaming warm green tea. Perfect for a cold Yule morning!


I like to play with season´s colors, even in food. White and red play a big role in Yule time.



Back to nature. In the background are lingonberry (and blueberry) shrubs.


The recipe:
2dl lingonberries (why not cranberries or red currants as well )
1 banana
1/2 an avocado
honey to taste
little water
plain soy yogurt

= Blend the berries, banana, avocado, and honey with a little water. Add water carefully to reach the consistency you like. I like mine thick, like sturdy yogurt. Swirl in yogurt as much as you like, I used about 2dl.
  This keeps me satisfied for 3-4 hours. Once I eat, I like to eat enough so I won´t be feeling hungry again in a bit. I´m one of those people who needs to eat her stomach full, I can´t stand just nibbling on something until the worst hunger is gone, and then stop (only half way done :).

No comments:

Post a Comment