Monday, December 12, 2011

BEAUTY IN THE DARK

  Darkness can be overwhelmingly exhausting, when you´re living in the northern part of the globe. It is dark when you get up in the morning and go to work, and then it´s dark again when you get back home in the afternoon. At 5pm it feels like it´s nearly time to go to bed, but after gazing your watch, you realize you still need to stay up for several hours before bedtime. This is how I felt the other day. I decided to take the bull by it´s horns and headed outside to take a good look at the darkness. Here´s what I found:




  I must admit, it looks very nice and calming, once you have the right set of mind. Whining and complaining doesn´t change anything, I need to focus on the good things in life!
  Lighting candles outside is a good way to create a sense of warmth and livelihood. I love to watch the flames flicker in the lanterns, reminding me of the power the great sun has over our planet. It is still there, but mainly on the other side of the planet. Our time will come in time. Meanwhile, let´s enjoy the quietness, peace, and rest this dark time of the year is giving us. We now are permitted - and by nature´s rules, are meant to - take it easy and curl up under a blanket with a hot cup of tea! Aah, good times...


No comments:

Post a Comment