Monday, March 4, 2013

WILD GREEN DRINK

  At this time of year I always start yearning for fresh foods. Root veggies have seen their best days by now, and to be honest, I´m up to my ears full of them.
  So what could be better than digging into my dear old freezer again, and pull out the bags of wild edible greens I collected last Beltane?! They are full of nature´s own vitamins and minerals, just the way it was meant to be, without man´s interference. Perfect.

In this drink I used goutweed as the green.

  The recipe:

a handful of greens (preferably wild edible)
10 cm piece of cucumber, unpeeled
1/2 lemon or 1 lime, juiced
water

+ Blend all in a blender, on the highest speed, until luquefied. Add water to reach 1/2 liter (2 cups).

  When I have this with lunch, I can skip the (sometimes boring) chewing of salad.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment