Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HALLOWEEN DRESS FOR A BABY

  Halloween brightens up this mellow, darkening time of the year just perfectly. Lovely warm summer is long gone, and there is still quite a bit until Christmas. So I like to take advantage of Halloween, and make it an event.

  This dress I made for my (now seven-month-old) baby girl to celebrate Halloween in:

Made of cotton jersey, this dress is both soft and stretchy. The skirt has a princess-like front to make crawling easier, so that the hem will not get stuck under her knees.


Being true to my style, I kept the back quite simple. Halloween offers so many themes and ideas, that it was more difficult to rule them out than take some few in.

The bow is stretchy, so it allows the little belly to move freely. Originally I wanted the ribbon to be see-through and black, but one has to go by what is available. I painted the pumpkin straight onto the fabric with a small brush and some fabric paint.

This little critter crawls on the front of left shoulder and...

... it has a friend just behind the shoulder seam.





  Halloween starts Samhain, so we have reason for a double celebration! Happy beginning of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment