Tuesday, November 12, 2013

PARTY TOP

  This time of year is full of small parties here and there. I think it is to distract our minds from the, seemingly, neverending darkness outside. We sure need something to cheer us up!

  Some time ago I went clubbing with my sister. But it had been so long since my last time, that I realized I had nothing proper to wear! Clubbing has not been in my top-ten list of things to do these past years...
  So I had to sew something for myself. Like this:

This is one of my trusted patterns; a waterfall necklined shirt. The original design came with sleeves, but leaving them out turned it into the perfect little party top. When I marched in to the store to buy fabric, I only had one thing in mind: bling-bling. But as usually, they did not have quite what I had thought of, so I had to settle for this light pink with silver dusting on it. Originally I was heading for something wilder, but this turned out well, and quite stylish I might add!

My sister is somewhere in there, dancing the night away...
...while I am more of a couch potatoe, and like to sit and sip without disturbance. That´s luxurious for me, being a mother of two young kids.

    Last Beltane I made a tunic using this same pattern. It is so great when you find a pattern that fits you well (perfect probably does not even exist...)! You can do so many things with just one pattern, that the list of varieties is endless. Actually only your imagination sets the limits. I wonder where I will go next...

No comments:

Post a Comment