Thursday, October 2, 2014

VEGAN BIRTHDAY PIE (SO UNHEALTHY =)

  For my own birthday I wanted to make something I would like, instead of the usual birthday cake everyone expects. I made this raspberry-chocolate chip-dream brownie/pie.

Although all vegan, this treat is far from healthy!

Loaded with sugar and fat, you will know you´ve had dessert long after enjoying about 1/3rd a piece of the pie.
The recipe:

8.1 oz (230 g) vegan margarine in room temperature
a snug 1/2 cup (1 dl) sugar
a generous 1/2 cup (1 1/2 dl) brown natural cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
a snug 2 cups (4,5 dl) white flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
a generous cup (3 dl) vegan dark chocolate chips
a snug 1/2 cup (1 dl) raspberry jam

+ Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a 8 x 12 inch (20 x 30 cm) baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  Whip up the margarine and sugars in a big bowl until fluffy.
  Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour into the margarine mixture, mix carefully. Add the chocolate chips.
  Spread 2/3 of the dough into the baking pan, set the rest aside. Even out the surface, and spread the jam on it, but not into the very edges. Drop the rest of the dough on the pie in small pieces.
  Bake for 30-35 min, until the top has browned beautifully.
  Let cool and cut into pieces. Store airtight.
  (To the above dough recipe I added about 1/2 cup (1dl) soy milk to get it together faster. The baked result is therefore more fluffy than with the original recipe.)

  Usually I don´t much care for home baked sweet products because they simply are not sweet enough to satisfy my needs. There is one exception to the rule: Ms. Raisa Kettunen. I have two of her cookbooks, and she shares my kinda taste when it comes to desserts. Not sweet, not sweeter, but yes the sweetest. I see no point in having dessert if it does not satisfy me. Her recipes do! The above raspberry-chocolate chip-dream is from her book, and once again she did not let me down. Go Raisa! Thanks for making my birthday so sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment