Wednesday, September 24, 2014

FLUORIDE AND IQ

 Mensa´s online IQ test popped onto my screen by accident recently. Scary as it was, I could not resist doing it.
  My score was much higher than I had even hoped for, but luckily not quite so high that I´d have to send in an application for membership... I simply have so many other things on my to-do-list, I would not have the time.  =)

  When searching for what my score meant, compared to the average, I found an article saying that  fluoride lowers one´s IQ.  So that´s why there are fluoride-free toothpastes around! I never knew that.



  Although it might be too late for me already, I still went and got myself a fluoride-free toothpaste. To my surprise, my teeth felt much better after brushing with it than my ordinary paste. My teeth now feel smooth, slick, and polished. A very different sensation than ever before.
  I asked my husband and son to try it too, and tell me if they could notice a difference. I had not told them my opinion by then. They both noticed the same as me, and now we all brush our teeth with non-fluoride pastes. 



  Today I went one step further and bought myself a toothbrush made of carbon. It is said to naturally whiten teeth, provide them with minerals to protect the enamel, and be antibacterial. We´ll see how it feels in the long run, but the first time using it was pleasantly soft, while still making my teeth feel clean.

Usually I´m never the first one in line to try out new products. I let others do the testing, and then try it if it feels sensible. But it is fun! Especially if it can also make you feel better or beautify you. Like my own invention aromatherapy earrings. I just wish the world would hear about it and learn to benefit from them. So spread the word if you please! Let´s make this a better, and smarter, place!

No comments:

Post a Comment