Thursday, September 19, 2013

RASPBERRY PIE

  Dessert is the most important meal of the day for me, the highlight.
  I know I can not give up sweet delights, so I´m learning to make raw desserts now. With all natural and unprocessed ingredients, to replace my usual sugar-loaded ones. Sounds impossible, but definitely worth a try. And I must say that this pie, although it is totally healthy and good for me, is a real treat!

Sweet raspberry filling in a soft and creamy cashew crust... Heavenly.

This is my own variation of the peppermint pie I had the other day. Both are soo delicious, and very satisfying.

The recipe (for one):

the crust:
1 dl cashews
1 Tbsp shredded coconut
1 dl dried cranberries, soaked to reconstitute
a pinch of salt
(a few drops of honey)

the filling:
1 1/2 bananas
1 dl raspberries
1 Tbsp shredded coconut

+ Run the cashews in a food processer until turned into a fine powder. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add a little soaking water from the cranberries if otherwise too crumbly. Place in a serving dish ( like a small pie tin) and press to form the crust.
  Process all the filling ingredients in the food processor until nice and smooth. Pour over the crust.

  I love to eat my pies with a 1/2 liter jug of warm green tea. Many health gurus advice not to drink while you eat, but my stomach likes a big cup of tea or water along with my meal. We´re all different and need to listen to our own bodies, our temples.

No comments:

Post a Comment