Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BABY´S WINTER DRESS

  In the spirit of my own "Cottage Look" I made a matching dress for my baby girl.

I made this piece from a leftover slice of fabric from a year ago, when I made a maternity shirt for myself. That is one reason why I love making baby clothes - they use up so little material that recycling is easy!

The only detail in this dress is around the neckhole. The print in this fabric is so strong that it doesn´t need more to it.

The material is wonderfully warm, but surprisingly thin and stretchy, wool blend. Just perfect for these cold winter days.

  Babies don´t always need to wear pastels, although they suit them well, I admit. This grey dress allows my baby to look like herself, rather than a doll-wanna-be. It is traditional, yet modern, in it´s simplicity.



  The pattern for this dress I got from Ottobre Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment